Friday 23 May 2014

Infinity Aleph Army - Spring 2014


This army represents both my current painting ability, and the single most focussed expression of my interest in the miniature hobby so far. These were all purchased and painted over the span of 5-6 months with some divergences made for painting Kraye and building some other figures. I’ve been playing with these guys frequently throughout the painting process, and Infinity is easily my favourite game by far. I love the sculpts and while there was a bit of a learning curve getting the hang of the very small, yet detailed, models, I’m very happy with the overall result.


I based my color-scheme off of Evangelion Unit 01 from one of my favourite anime's. As soon as I saw the Dakini tacbot models I knew I had to use this as my scheme and I'm quite happy with the look of the green/purple/black. The Dakini's were consequently some of the first units I painted.




Admittedly I regret incorporating gold into the scheme on some of the earlier models like Diomedes and the Asura. But i'm not bothered enough to go back and change it at the moment.


Here's a close up of the "black marble" bases I ended up painting. I'm actually quite pleased with how they turned out even though they're a little wacky, and i've had some people think its supposed to be lightning.The later bases have a ridged texture in a single direction that I think makes it more obvious.


These were some of the last units I did, and I think its clear that my brush control had gotten a lot better by that point. I'm very aware that this is only table-top quality painting, and to a degree this is what I was shooting for, as my goal was to get the army finished rather than "perfect". However I think just painting a lot of figures to a decent quality, rather than agonizing over each one, has done a lot more to help my confidence and ability. Each figure here took me no more than five hours to paint, but I think there's a marked improvement in the later ones like Achilles.


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! These are SICK awesome! the purple-and-green looks perfect on those tactbots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, I want to thank you for this comment. I had completely forgotten this blog existed and you've inspired me to come back to it and update it with all of my miniature going-ons over the past year. So thank you for your kind words and expect more updates soon!

      Delete